FAQ - renting equipment
- What can I rent?
- When is it worth renting skis – when is it better to buy them?
- Can I change my equipment daily?
- What do I need for a ski tour?
- What is the best length for beginners?
- Can I ride a freeride ski on the piste (regular slopes)?
- Is it possible to rent suitable boots for skis and snowboards?
- What if the skis are stolen?
- What if the skis break?
- Is there a discount if I rent equipment for the whole family?
- Can I also ski in another ski area?
- Which brands are available at Skibase?
- If I buy used equipment, do I get warranty?
What can I rent?
- Ski: piste skis, freeride skis, skis for children, powder skis, racecarvers
- Equipment for ski tours: touring bindings, touring boots, telescopic poles, beeps, avalanche transceiver equipment (LVS), shovel, probe, ABS backpack (avalanche airbag backpack)
- Cross-country skiing equipment
- Accessories: glasses/goggles, gloves
When is it worth renting skis – when is it better to buy them?
If you like to try out equipment, a purchase only pays for itself after 14 days.
Our rental skis are freshly serviced and waxed after each use.
Can I change my equipment daily?
Yes. If you don’t change the category, it’s even free.
What do I need for a ski tour?
Touring skis with special binding, crampons, rucksack, avalanche transceiver, shovel/probe, drink, snack, second shirt, spare glasses, small cloth, sun protection. Special touring ski boots are not necessary at the beginning!
What is the best length for beginners?
- Beginners: approx. chest/shoulder height
- Beginners (ski tours), experienced skiers: shoulder height up to body size (with good fitness and agility/kick turn)
Can I ride a freeride ski on the piste (regular slopes)?
Yes, this works excellently (with good to very good technique).
Is it possible to rent suitable boots for skis and snowboards?
What if the skis are stolen?
- The customer must pay for the damage (unless he is insured). We offer an insurance to avoid surcharge.
- The theft must be reported to the local police. We are happy to give tips about how to avoid theft.
What if the skis break?
The customer must reimburse the current value unless he is insured. We offer an insurance to avoid additional charges. If you are a DSV member, you may already have insurance cover.
Is there a discount if I rent equipment for the whole family?
- Yes. If father and mother rent, a child up to 9.9 years gets the equipment for FREE.
- We also offer an online discount: If you book online, you get a 10 percent discount on every booking.
Can I also ski in another ski area?
Yes, that’s not a problem.
Which brands are available at Skibase?
Völkl, Atomic, Blizzard, Head, Stöckli, K2, Nordica, Elan, Black Crows, Hestra, Leki, Dynastar, Faction, Lange, Marker, Dynafit, ATK, Fritschi, Tyrolia, Rossignol, Uvex, Bliz, Kohla, Evoc, Salomon, BCA, Arva.
If I buy used equipment, do I get warranty?
Yes, of course.